Happy Krishnastami for all those celebrating the birth of Lord Krishna this week!!. We have one beautiful team member here depicting the great Radha in her bright and beautiful way! She colorfully demonstrates the joy of this occasion of the avatar’s birth, a supreme event to restore righteousness to mankind’s hearts and minds!
What a joy it is to actually give the beautiful makings and gifts everyone offers to the actual recipients! This week, three fellows received sandwiches and fruit along the route to the Soupmobile, even before I arrived there. These words from one man are given to all of you: “Thank you for taking the time to give this to me.” That was so sweet of him to share that gratitude!
Thank you team member for this week: Carolyn Cole; Sundari, Shreya, Lambo, Vidya, Madhuri, and all those helping them; the Espinozas and all their helpers; Rosa and Jon; Raga, Laksmi, and Adyia; “Service to man is service to God!” (Satya Sai Baba)
The need for groceries and sandwiches is definitely ongoing, as seen in the latest lines to the food drive recently at Fair Park. The cars seemed endless. Below please find the update list of things needed for this week’s pickup if you would like to participate. Thank you all for your steadfastness in giving to others!
Below is the complete list of needed items:
- Individual portions of snacks like chips and/or individual portions of healthful cookies and desserts
- Fruits like oranges, bananas
- Water Bottles
- Peanut butter/almond butter sandwiches (with or without jelly, jam ,honey)
- Vegetarian Sandwiches, ie, with veggie patties, cheese sandwiches or the likes…
- Pantry items, (please no meat), and some examples/suggestions are as follows:
- Nondairy milk in boxes
- dry and canned beans
- soups/soup mixes
- whole grains like brown rice, quinoa, millet, oats – please no white rice since many people have diabetes and sugar issues
- protein powder
- canned tomatoes
- pizza crusts
- nuts & seeds
- packaged meals that don’t have to be refrigerated
- taco shells
- healthful cooking oil
- anything non-perishable that you yourself would eat
Also, did anyone lose a goldish color key on a ring? The Soupmobile found it at the bottom of one of the boxes I brought in. Please let me know and I will get it to you right away!! Thanks so much, and look forward to seeing you on Monday. Love and blessings!
Look forward to seeing you on Monday, August 17! Please text us to let us know by Friday if you would like a pick-up.
With love and blessings, Eric and Shakti
214-235-8324 and 214-394-0583