June 4 – 18
REGISTER and make a down payment to save your spot.
Experience the spiritually transforming and uplifting energy of the sacred city of Assisi permeated with the vibrations of Saint Francis and Saint Claire who made Assisi their spiritual home.
This all inclusive pilgrimage includes yoga and meditation at Ananda Assisi as well as a tour of the best sights of Rome, Assisi and Florence. (optional one day side trip to the City of Sienna which the home st Catherine of Sienna.)
You may have taken tours before, but have you ever gone on a spiritual pilgrimage?
If you are looking for an intimate, inclusive group experience of some of the most sacred sites of Italy and led by the experienced yogis and tour guides of Ananda Assisi, this is the tour for you. It will enrich your spiritual aspirations in ways that you can’t imagine and because of the size, can be customized to fit your personal needs.
This will be the best “yoga vacation” you will ever take and may very well change your life.
2 week schedule includes 14 nights and 15 days, based on double occupancy with in room bath in all areas, breakfast and dinner at Rome and Florence, full pension (room and board) at Ananda Assisi and La Verna; 2 guides from Ananda Assisi will guide us from the reception at the airport on first day to departure on last day, entry to all cultural sites listed on the schedule: $3995 per person, (based on 1 euro=1.11$) and includes cancellation and limited medical insurance while on the pilgrimage.
FLIGHTS ARE SEPERATE COST AND COVERED BY EACH PARTICIPANT.
Verbal confirmation by Jan 12th
1) Departure June 3rd from USA and arrival June 4th late morning,arrival all at about the same time, transfer to hotel, check in, rest, orientation, and dinner.
2) June 5th and 6th, we will stay in the quiet of Casa per Ferie San Emilia de Vialar: an ex monastery with a beautiful view of Vatican. We will also have access to a chapel or private hall where we can meditate and hold orientation.
Rome itinerary includes St. Peters basilica, Sistine chapel, walking tours of Pantheon and surrounding sites, Trevi Fountain, as well as visits to spiritual places of interest, such as:
Visit of the sacred places of the eternal city through time: Capital Hill, Roman Forum, St. Peter in Chains, St. Clement’s Basilica, Christian Trastevere and its saints, Tiberina Island, legends and history of its healing vocation (St Bartolomew’s Church).
3) June 7th to the 12th: Ananda Assisi: Visits to all shrines of St Francis and St Clair, including Basilica of Francis and Tomb, Basilica of St Clair and tomb, L’Eremo, forest retreat of St Francis on Mt Subasio; San Damiano, convent of St. Clair, Santa Maria delle Angeli, first small Church of St Frances and his early followers, etc., as well as walking and enjoying sights of Assisi.
Tour of Ananda Assisi, as well as meditations at Moksha Kutir, where Swamiji left his body, Meditations at Temple of Light, kirtans, visit to Fra Sassi grotto and other memorable sites.
4) June 13th and 14th: Sanctuary of La Verna. This mountain retreat is filled with holy places and sites such as: Church where St Francis received stigmata, also Church where Christ appeared to St Frances, sacred caves and grottoes made holy by other saints through the passing years. Beautiful forest area for walking, etc.
5) June 15th and 17th: Oblate convent in Florence: visits to artistic sites with the wonderful operas from Michelangelo (as the statue of David) and other many Renaissance artists. Possible one day optional trip to Sienna visiting the town, and home and sites where Saint Caterina lived (transport by public bus), cultural areas of Sienna, as well as enjoying the beauty of this famous city. Free time for shopping and visiting other interesting sites.
6) June 18th: Bullet train back to Rome airport (FCO) late afternoon about 3 pm, sleep at nearby hotel (Hotel Isola Sacra) and departure the 19th June.
7) June 19th departure, shuttle to airport included.
What is spiritual pilgrimage? learn more