Special thanks this week to Laksmi and Raga for gathering, cleaning, and even ironing all those wonderful clothes to give to Austin Street Center, and to the North Texas Hindu Mandir for all the food gathered for the North Texas Food Bank!! Wow! 170 pounds were given to help other folks who are food challenged, the number of which seems to be growing during this time. Thank you all, for the toys, and all the heartfelt giving! Giving is the natural outpouring of a grateful heart!
This coming Monday, December 7, will be the last pick up for Toys for Tots. It seems strange that Christmas is right around the corner. The Thanksgiving holiday surely flew by! Any NEW toy, for ages up to 12 years, unwrapped, will be appreciated. We are happy to pick up for your place. You can also have it shipped to Maitri’s house or dropped by there at: Maitri Smithheisler, 2201 Victoria Lane, Richardson, TX 75082. Please let us know by Friday if you are wanting a pickup and we will contact you by Sunday evening via text to let you know what time we are coming by to pick up. If you have not heard from us by Sunday, then you will no there has been some communication breakdown, and please call us.
Libbey Card, from the Austin Center, said that for the month of December, most needed still are frozen breakfast items as listed below. She also mentioned that what is strongly needed is baby oil, which may seem odd she said. Most of the folks staying there like this for a skin product. One thing I have noticed is that men’s underwear is really appreciated, since this week, we brought some and the two men collecting the goods each excitedly grabbed a package! Sometimes the simplest things in life are the most appreciated. The sizes needed are XL and XXL.
Items needed for Austin Street Center:
Please, no children’s items or household goods. Clothing donations should be clean and in good condition and neatly in boxes or on hangers.
Frozen Breakfast foods only like waffles, pancakes (frozen), frozen breakfast sandwiches (please no meat as this is a vegetarian service) ONLY frozen, as they do have a place to store these. I did mention Beyond Vegetarian Sausage and she was ok with that.
INDIVIDUAL cereal boxes (not large boxes) and no milk, as they have plenty. (can be found on Amazon)
INDIVIDUAL water bottles
INDIVIDUAL juice boxes
No granola bars are needed as they have too many at this point, and actually nothing else is needed but the things above.
- Sanitizing Wipes (must contain 60% alcohol)
- Antibacterial Hand Soap (individual container or refill bottle)
- Clamshell Take-Out Food Containers (to use for serving meals). See Amazon Wish List
- Individual packets of sugar and creamer
- Large and extra-large underwear for men and women
- Flip flops or shower shoes
- High strength reading glasses
- Feminine products: pads and panty liners
- Ethnic haircare products (oil-based shampoo and conditioner, edge control hair gel, herbal gro)
- Disposable razors
- Towels (new or gently used)
- Twin-size Blankets or Throws
- Short-sleeved t-shirts (for men and women)
- Shoes (for men and women), preferably tennis shoes and shower shoes
Have a relaxing holiday season! With love and blessings, Eric Biskamp 214-235-8324 and Shakti Biskamp 214-394-0583